Tuesday, December 13, 2011

And that's why they call me... Doctor!


This blog is usually devoted to our adorable kiddos, but I must take a moment for some shameless self-promotion. Today, I successfully defended my dissertation, which means pending a few small changes and filing the very large document with the Curry School (that's the name of our Ed School here), I will have earned my PhD. This has been many years in the making - from toying with going for a doctorate instead of a masters when at UMich in '02-'04, and then finally taking the leap to apply to programs outside of MI in '05. I started at UVA in August of '06... and of course in the meantime Amity was born. So it has been a long, not entirely direct path. I could not have done it without the support of friends and family, near and far, and I thank all of you who have helped me along the way - you all know who you are! Of course, this now brings up the larger question... what's next? Stay tuned to find out! (This does not mean I actually have a plan, mind you, just that one will get made. Sooner or later.)

1 comment:

Kevin B. McGowan said...

Hooray!!!! Congratulations!