Saturday, May 18, 2019

Green Dream Team

I've coached a lot of soccer, it turns out. We've had some pretty great teams, too. And while I'd never pick favorites, this team was a hoot, a riot, a thing of beauty, and an absolute joy and privilege to behold as they all became both better and more of a team throughout the course of the season. I'm going to miss them as they scatter onto about 6 other teams next year. My fellow coach, with whom I've been coaching one or the other of our kiddos for over 10 seasons since 2012, was also pretty great and it turns out I might miss working with him a bit, too.

But as they say, onward! Amity's moving up to "challenge," which is the advanced rec league - with 2 practices a week. I thought I was retiring from coaching, but apparently not quite yet. So I'll have 2 new co-coaches, and we'll see how this coaching triumvirate goes.

No comments: