Wednesday, February 20, 2013

MY GOLD!!

When we went to Sovereign Hill, I went panning for gold and found a few gold flakes. I'm keeping them in this jar of water. I went to the Chinese camp. There was a Chinese temple, a lot of tents, and a general store. While I was panning for gold, a "police officer" came to check that everyone had their mining license. Not everyone did, so he chased them away and shot his gun at them. It was so loud! Later we saw red coat soldiers marching in the street. They also shot their guns (rifles), very loud too. Instead of bullets, they shot wads of paper and gun powder.
I got to see "lollies" being made, that's what they call candy, here. It was small, pink, round and was musk flavored. I liked it. I also got to play nine pin bowling. You roll the ball with two hands, not one. I got to meet two Australian school boys, Rhys and Drew. They were very nice. Their whole school has only 42 kids.

No comments: